Ardeo is a British company based in Richmond; in 2004 we began working with cancer specialists at the Pelican Cancer Foundation and Hampshire Hospitals to develop software solutions to support cancer MDTs. Clinicians and teams now use Ardeo eMDT to coordinate local care and to create shared pathways between hospitals so that colleagues can provide input and assistance in order to provide the best treatment for their patients. Our offering also enables NHS and private hospitals to share specialist resources and facilities, to work together and deliver a better quality of care, as a single regional service.
Over the past ten years, NHS and private hospitals have been using Ardeo eMDT and it is currently being implemented at about two new hospitals per month. This year other Trusts are setting up pilots to coordinate network wide and regional shared cancer services using specialist resources from local hospitals; and in the private sector the largest private hospitals groups are already implementing or planning to use Ardeo nationally to coordinate all cancer care. In addition to providing in-service support for clinicians, Ardeo is also used by NHS staff across the UK to record and submit resection data to the Association of Upper GI Surgeons national database for cancer surgery for audit and performance.
If you would like to understand how Ardeo eMDT has been used please scroll down and read the case studies at the end of this page.
Ardeo eMDT – Cancer EPR
- All cancer information in context and on one system
- Screens that follow agreed cancer care pathways
- The minimum data needed to make quality decisions
- Sufficient data to enable others to provide continuous care
- Tracking to ensure that protocols are being followed
- Proof that every patient has been through an MDM
- Privacy – by consultant or MDT; or via anonymised views
- Enough information to satisfy insurance and legal reqs.
Ardeo – Team working and referrals
- A flexible system configured to suit your workflow
- Shared patient records publish and to update information
- Follow pathways between departments & hospitals
- Team working features; notify, prompt and make requests
- The ability to comment or request a second opinion
- The ability to pass the patient to a new team (Metastases)
- Virtual MDTs (with clinicians from different hospitals)
- Automate the transfer of images and reports on referral
- Audit & performance; automate reports or create queries